Historic Federal Reserve Birmingham

Learn more about the Historic Rehabilitation Project at The Historic Federal Reserve Birmingham at 5th Ave N and 18th St.


History

Acting as a vital financial institution until 2000 when the Federal Reserve Bank Atlanta Branch moved to Liberty Park, the Historic Federal Reserve Building served as an important element to the growth of Birmingham and its development as an influential city in the region. Completed in late 1926, the building was designed by architects Warren, Knight and Davis in a style known as Greco-Deco, a combination of Greek Classicism and Art Deco elements. In 1958, a five story addition was built onto the left side of the structure, providing more space.  Both listed on the National Register for Historic Places, these pieces of Birmingham history offer a look into the booming past and future possibilities of downtown Birmingham.